Teaching staff in schools

Teaching staff in general and in vocational schools

In the academic year 2018/19 there were 129 358 teachers altogether (incl. teachers on parental/educational leave) in general and vocational schools in Austria. 57.8% of the teachers were employed in compulsory schools, whereas the remaining 42.2% worked in secondary academic schools or in schools and colleges for vocational education. In absolute terms, the greatest number of teachers taught in Vienna with approximately one fifth of all Austrian teachers – which closely corresponded to the relative proportion of the population in Vienna. In general, the number of teaching staff depended on the type of school and province and roughly reflected the distribution of the number of students.

Approximately three quarters of teachers in Austrian schools are women. In the primary school sector the proportion of women is around 92.6%. In contrast, the sex-ratio of teaching staff in vocational schools and colleges is almost balanced. However, the proportion varies greatly in the different branches of the vocational sector. For instance, the proportion of women in schools and colleges of management and the service industries is 78.8%, whereas in crafts and technical schools and colleges it is 28.7% merely.

Please consult our German website for tables and charts containing further information.

Teaching Staff

Teaching StaffPrice in € *)Free Download

 
 

Bildung in Zahlen 2018/19 - Schlüsselindikatoren und Analysen
Education in figures 2018/19 gives an overview about the state of education in Austria. Results and indicators of different statistical domains are presented in form of texts, tables and figures by ...

Release date: 05/2020 ISBN:978-3-903264-47-2

 
 

0,00

 
 

(PDF, 16 MB)

 
 

Bildung in Zahlen 2018/19 - Tabellenband
This volume of tables, part of the publication Bildung in Zahlen (Education in figures), supplements the "Key indicators and analyses" volume and provides, in tabular form, comprehensive and detailed ...

Release date: 05/2020 ISBN:978-3-903264-44-1

 
 

42,00

 
 

(PDF, 7 MB)

 
 

Bildung in Zahlen 2017/18 - Schlüsselindikatoren und Analysen
Education in figures 2017/18 gives an overview about the state of education in Austria. Results and indicators of different statistical domains are presented in form of texts, tables and figures by ...

Release date: 06/2019 ISBN:978-3-903264-12-0

 
 

0,00

 
 

(PDF, 9 MB)

 
 

Bildung in Zahlen 2017/18 - Tabellenband
This volume of tables, part of the publication Bildung in Zahlen (Education in figures), supplements the "Key indicators and analyses" volume and provides, in tabular form, comprehensive and detailed ...

Release date: 06/2019 ISBN:978-3-903264-08-3

 
 

42,00

 
 

(PDF, 9 MB)

 
 

Bildung in Zahlen 2016/17 - Schlüsselindikatoren und Analysen
Education in figures 2016/17 gives an overview about the state of education in Austria. Results and indicators of different statistical domains are presented in form of texts, tables and figures by ...

Release date: 04/2018 ISBN:978-3-903106-77-2

 
 

0,00

 
 

(PDF, 10 MB)

 
 

Bildung in Zahlen 2016/17 - Tabellenband
This volume of tables, part of the publication Bildung in Zahlen (Education in figures), supplements the "Key indicators and analyses" volume and provides, in tabular form, comprehensive and detailed ...

Release date: 04/2018 ISBN:978-3-903106-76-5

 
 

42,00

 
 

(PDF, 8 MB)

*) excluding shipping and handling
If you want to purchase one of these publications, please contact our General information service.




Guglgasse 13, A-1110 Vienna 
Tel.: +43 (1) 71128-7070 
Fax: +43 (1) 71128-7728 
info@statistik.gv.at 
Opening hours: Mon - Fri 9.00 am - 4.00 pm